Investigations of the repetitive DNA sequences involved in centromere and chromocenteres formation in normal nuclei and nuclei at early stages of mouse embryogenesis. Contribution of centromeric and pericentromeric regions from parental pronuclei into the establishment and reorganization of mouse embryonic. Specific satellite DNA-protein interaction. Possible phylogenetic relationships between satellite DNA of different mice.
Through research-based aquaculture (Singapore), the lab aims to increase significantly the production of commercially important tropical fish species such as the Asian seabass (Lates calcarifer), Mozambique tilapia (Oreochromis mossambicus) and Asian arowana (Scleropages formosus). As part of genome sequences projects of all that genomes I worked on inventory and analysis of the repetitive DNA sequences including rDNA, especially focused on centromere organization.
Other research projects were aiming to answer questions related to various aspects of teleost reproduction with using the tools of molecular biology, genetics and functional genomics.
Molecular biology: RNA and DNA extraction and electrophoresis, PCR and RT-PCR, microRNA techniques, restriction and Southern analyses; Northern blot, centrifugal separations of DNA, DNA labeling, molecular cloning in plasmids, BACs.
Immunostaining: immunohistochemistry, immunocytochemistry, fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH), fiberFISH, immunoFISH.
Microscopy: conventional indirect immunofluorescence, laser scanning confocal microscope, dark-field microscope; transmission electron microscope.
Protein works: antibodies developing, SDS PAGE, Western blotting, immunoprecipitation (ChIP), gel shift assay, Southern blots, South-Western blots, extraction protein from nuclei and nuclear matrix, immunoblotting.
Cell culture and tissue techniques: cell lines and primary cells culturing, transfection, macrophage isolation, obtained metaphase chromosomes and karyotyping (mouse, fish), embryo culture and manipulation (mouse, fish). Flow-cytometry and data analysis.
Computer skills: analysis of DNA sequences with using of different programs and databases, acquiring images, image processing (Corel Suite, Adobe Photoshop, ImageJ), programs designed for statistical analysis, scientific plotting etc. (StatGraph, Origin, Sigma Plot etc).
- Natascha M. Thevasagayam, Prakki S.R. Sridatta, Junhui Jiang, Amy Tong, Jolly M. Saju, Purushothaman Kathiresan, Hsiao Yuen Kwan, Si Yan Ngoh, Woei Chang Liew, Inna S. Kuznetsova, Xueyan Shen, Si Lok, Shubha Vij and László Orbán. A transcriptome survey of a marine foodfish: Asian seabass (Lates calcarifer). J. Mar. Sci. Eng. 2015, 3, 1-x manuscripts; doi:10.3390/jmse3020382
- Ostromyshenskiĭ DI, Kuznetsova IS, Komissarov AS, Kartavceva IV, Podgornaia OI. 2015. Tandem repeats in rodents genome and their mapping. Tsitologiia. 57(2):102-110. Russian.
- Kuznetsova IS, Thevasagayam NM, Sridatta PS, Komissarov AS, Saju JM, Ngoh SY, Jiang J, Shen X, Orbán L. Primary analysis of repeat elements of the Asian seabass (Lates calcarifer) transcriptome and genome. Front Genet. 2014 Jul 25;5:223. doi: 10.3389/fgene.2014.00223. eCollection 2014.
- Shen XY, Kwan HY, Thevasagayam NM, Prakki SR, Kuznetsova IS, Ngoh SY, Lim Z, Feng F, Chang A, Orbán L. The first transcriptome and genetic linkage map for Asian arowana. Mol Ecol Resour. 2014 May;14(3):622-35. doi: 10.1111/1755-0998.12212. Epub 2014 Jan 3.
- Ostromyshenskiĭ DI, Kuznetsova IS, Golinishchev FN, Malikov VG, Podgornaia OI. Satellite DNA as a phylogenetic marker: case study of three genera of the Murinae subfamily. Tsitologiia. 2011;53(7):564-71. Russian.
- Komissarov A.S., Kuznetsova I.S., Podgornaia O.I. 2010. Mouse centromeric tandem repeats in silico and in situ. Russian Journal of Genetics, 2010, Vol. 46, No. 9, pp. 1080–1083.
- Podgornaia O.I., Ostromyshenskiĭ D.I., Kuznetsova I.S., Matveev I.V., Komissarov A.S. Heterochromatin and centromere structure paradox. Tsitologiia. 2009; 51(3):204-11. Russian.
- Gavrilova E.V., Kuznetsova I.S., Enukashvili N.I., Noniashvili E.M., Dyban A.P., Podgornaia O.I. 2009. Localization of satellite DNA and associated protein in respect to nucleolar precursor bodies in one- and two-cell mouse embryos. Tsitologiia. 51(5):455-464. Russian.
- Kuznetsova I.S., Noniashvili E.M., Gavrilova E.V., Dyban A.P. Modifications in major satellite methylation in the nucleus of a two-cell mouse embryo dependent on developmental conditions. Ontogenez. 2009 40(5):379-87. Russian.
- Kuznetsova I.S., Enukashvily N.I., Noniashvili E.M., Shatrova A.N., Aksenov N.D., Zenin V.V., Dyban A.P., Podgornaya O.I. 2007. Evidence for the existence of satellite DNA-containing connection between metaphase chromosomes. J. Cell Biochem. 101(4):1046-1061.
- Kuznetsova I., Podgornaya O., Ferguson-Smith M.A. 2006. High-resolution organization of mouse centromeric and pericentromeric DNA. Cytogenet Genome Res. 112(3-4):248-55.
- Kuznetsova I.S., Voronin A.P., Podgornaya O.I. 2006. Telomere and TRF2/MTBP localization in respect to satellite DNA during the cell cycle of mouse cell line L929. Rejuvenation Res. 9(3):391-401.
- Kuznetsova I.S., Enukashvily N.I., Prusov A.N., Podgornaya O.I. 2005. New types of mouse centromeric satellite DNAs. Chromosome Research 12: 1–17.
- Dolnik A.V., Kuznetsova I.S., Voronin A.P., Podgornaya O.I. 2003. Telomere-binding TRF2/MTBP localization during mouse spermatogenesis and cell cycle of the mouse L929. J.of Anti-aging Medicine. 6 (2): 107-121.
- Enukashvily N.I., Kuznetsova I. S., Podgornaya O. I. 2003. The organization of mammalian centromere. Tzytologia. 45 (3): 255-269
- Kuznetsova I.S., Matveev I.V., Podgornaya O.I., Enukashvili N.I. 2002. Localisation of the satellite DNAs in respect to heterochromatin in the interphase nuclei of the cultured cells. Tzytologia. 44 (5): 422-430.
2006-2008 Grant from President of the RF for government support for young scientists.
2004 The Royal Society International SHORT VISIT/ FELLOWSHIP grant (Cambridge). Project: “CEN-like construct based on the new mouse satellites”.
2003 International Soros Science Education Program, “PhD-student-2003”
2003-2010 Grants from Russian Foundation for Basic Research